Welcome to Merck's advising schedule web page. Advising season for spring 2013 is upon us. We will follow the procedure that served us well in Fall of 2012:
Schedule an appointment
My hours currently open for scheduling appointments are indicated in the diagrams below. To schedule an appointment:
- Pick three appropriate times (half-hour blocks)
- Rank them in order of preference
- Send me an e-mail with your ranked list.
- Be sure to allow me at least 24 hours to respond. I.e, don't send me a message suggesting a meeting the following day. Being old-school, I don't typically allow e-mail to follow me around when I leave work.
- As a courtesy to others, please give people with registration dates in the near future first shot at the early dates. SO, please don't ask for an advising appointment more than two weeks ahead of your registration date.
I'll respond by e-mail to confirm with you. I'll also update these schedules as frequently as possible (hopefully daily) so you can see what's still open. Don't assume you have an appointment until you get my e-mail confirmation.
DO NOT FAIL TO NOTE:
- All appointments will be in the Geology Building room 1119 unless otherwise indicated.
- Graphic Advisor, the on-line graduation-plan creation utility we used up through 2011, is dead, but the need to be clear about your graduation plan remains the same. All Geology, ENSP-ESP, and ENSP-EGR majors are, therefore, instructed to download the appropriate curriculum sheet. For each requirement of the major indicate either when it was completed and what grade was earned, or when you expect to complete it. Bring a printed copy to our meeting for my file.
- For your appointment:
- Bring a printout of the plan to your appointment for me to keep.
- Be mindful of CMNS' degree completion benchmarks:
- Geology benchmark 1: Four 3-4 credit major courses including CHEM131/132 or CHEM135/136, and three 3 credit GenEd/CORE courses must be completed before 30 credits from declaration of the geology major.
- Geology benchmark 2: Two 3-4 credit major courses at the 300-400 level, MATH140, and MATH141 must be completed before 60 credits from declaration of the geology major.
If the requirements of your specific program demand that you deviate from these, we will have to document reasons.
I don't mean to be tyrannical, but these requirements represent a major college priority. Therefore, if you don't have a current graduation plan, I will not lift your advising bar.
One important constraint. On most days I'm willing to stay slightly into the evening to facilitate advising. If you're desperate to see me and are only free later than seven, I'm willing to work with you. Thanks.
Click on the link for the schedule: