ELT Website Grading Rubric
The following lists the point values taken off (out of 100) for all ELT graded websites.
- -5 if not on time, with an additional -5 per week late after that.
- -10 if no link from your main site to the assignment/report site.
- -5 for not writing your own html (i.e., using a webmill).
- -5 for extraneous coding "gunk" (such as unnecessary coding and characters introduced by MS Word).
- -5 per each non-functional link (including image links).
- -5 if missing links (either text or image) back to UMCP,
College Park Scholars, and ELT.
- -5 per each item for non-corrected items from templates (e.g., leaving the date at the bottom
"XX Sometember 200Y" or the title "Your Name's ELT Website").
- -5 per oversized image: in general, keep them 600 pixels wide or smaller. That is 8 1/3 inches wide at
standard screen resolution (72 dpi), so there is no reason to make them bigger. In general, try and save the version
of the image that you mount on the website at 600 pixels or smaller: this will mean that you will have
to resize (resample) images taken by most digital cameras. (If there is some compelling reason to have
a larger image, please contact Merck or Holtz).
- -5 for the use of images to which you do not have copyright or which are not copyright free/public domain.
- -5 for not following filename conventions, such as:
- Using names with spaces
- Not using "yourwamemailname.html" for your main homepage (where "yourwamemailname" is
your wam email name: Class Entering 2006 and later)
- Changing the name of your main homepage
- -1 per each spelling mistake.
- -1 per each grammatical mistake.
- -1 per each individual technical grammatical mistake (e.g., not following proper taxonomic form, stratigraphic grammar, or
- -5 per each factual error.
- -5 per each inadequately addressed required element (e.g., not fully answering a required question).
- -10 per each missing major required element (e.g., not answering an entire required question).
Last modified: 10 October 2006